Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow! Well, sort of...

Now, I know many of you are laughing hysterically. I do understand, really. My brother in Wisconsin sent photos last night of the 15" of snowfall they had in 24 hours. But could you cut me some slack here?


I was so excited to awake at 2:30 am on Monday morning to see it snowing! We haven't had even a dusting of snow in the Sacramento area since 2002, and then, where I live, it didn't stick at all. So to see this scene come daylight, beautiful!



By the time it was light enough to take photos, the drizzle had started and the snow was melting. Still, I enjoyed it so much! Of course, I did not have to go out in the cold (I work from home). Nor did I have to get on the road with all the goofballs who don't know that even a little snow requires a change in driving habits. We also did not lose power, for which I am very grateful! Even now, there are thousands in the area who are still without it. Hopefully today...


To all of you who are feeling the effects of this storm as it works it's way eastward, I do know this isn't necessarily fun for you. I wish you nothing but warmth & safety. I'm sure Idon't have what it takes to live where you all do!


A snow day, every 7 years or so, is fine with me!


Brrr!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Miss Chris!
    I'm so excited for you to get some snow! And I mean that! You've seen more than we have this year!
    We're still hoping and praying, though...
    They got some north, east, west, and even SOUTH of us last week, but not us!!! The children (and, ok, me too) were so upset.
    The only thing that "made it okay" was that "Franny" (Our oldest) was at work and I was worried about her driving in it. It didn't stick (where she was got some snow) and she, thankfully, had no trouble getting home!
    Sorry that I rambled....

    Hope you get some more snow that maybe you could share with us!???

    Merry Christmas,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not laughing, I posted my little bit too...now , I'm laughing. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope by now you are thawed out and warm! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...