Sunday, May 25, 2008

Freedom Isn't Free!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • Proudly fly "Old Glory"!
  • Play with your kids
  • Visit with your friends and family
  • Have a BBQ

Continue to observe those family traditions that welcome the summer season. Whether it is a ball game, a picnic or even a visit to the cemetary, make it a time of drawing loved ones close.

But in the midst of it all, please remember why we celebrate this Holiday!

Remember the sacrifices made by brave military personnel in conflicts past & present! Because some made the ultimate sacrifice, we can enjoy a 3-day weekend, jam-packed with fun! Though far from perfect she may be, the USA is still the best place on earth!

This weekend, I am remembering my dad, who during WWII, was in the Pacific; friends who went to Viet Nam, and those who didn't come home; my brother who served active duty & reserves in "peace time"; the husbands, fathers & children who are now in the middle east or deployed all over the globe. I am thanking each one of them for the freedom I enjoy today!

For me, this video says it all... (It contains music, so you will need to turn off my playlist music)

Chris

©





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Chris!
    Very moving and we'll be remembering and praying, tomorrow, too!
    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...