Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kitchen Cabinets

Yesterday, I met my girlfriend "Patti the Painter" (yes, she's a licensed painting contractor) at the model of my new home.  I wanted to ask her about painting the kitchen cabinets.  I know, you think I'm crazy, right?  Well here's the deal...




As you can see in the photo of the kitchen, the cabinets are Shaker style and kind of a cinnamon color.  I love the style, and don't hate the color.  What I have wanted for years are white cabinets.  I have decided that I will have Patti do the painting before we actually move in.  The color of our trim is called Cottage White, a nice creamy white.  I'll lighten it a couple of shades, and use that. 

The not-so-attractive ceiling fixtures will be replaced with a couple of transitional style track lights with mini spots.  We replaced one of the can lights in our current kitchen with these and I love being able to direct the light to the spaces where I work.

It's beginning to come together....

Thanks for reading,
Chris

2 comments:

  1. cant wait to see your new cabinets once painted, Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right move here Chris - having someone else paint the cabinets!
    Will look good I'm sure and if I could paint mine I would - but there's a man who's stopping my creativity when it comes to painting his wood, sigh!

    Hope all goes well, looking forward to seeing it.
    Mary X

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...