Sunday, March 23, 2014

Moving!

Yes, it has been months since I wrote.  

Actually, there wasn't much to say, except that our home was on the market, sold once (deal fell apart) then sold a second time (that deal stuck)!  Keeping the house ready to show during that long time wasn't fun.  Most of decor was packed away, entertaining was out of the question, my home didn't feel like "home".  We couldn't even look for a new place to live until we were sure we had a sale on our home.  Compounded by the fact we don't really want to leave the "farm", I have to admit that it hasn't been the happiest of times, although, I have learned some valuable lessons.

The family moving in is just right for this house & property.  They are young, have 2 kids, a horse & dog and will love living here.  They also have the energy to take care of 10 acres, which we just do not, anymore.  This all makes the leaving much easier

The great news is that we have purchased our new home and I am so happy to start this next adventure in our lives!  The home is small, half the size of our current one, approximately 1322 sq. ft.  "right-sizing" into this space is a challenge I am looking forward to tackling.

I am posting a photo of the front of the house from the real estate listing, and a floor plan that my husband drew.  Those red numbers represent project he wants to do & their priority.  LOVE my engineer husband!

As I start moving and decorating, there will be lots more to share!  I will be back soon!


Front of house

Floor plan



2 comments:

  1. Hi dear Chris, you've been missed - thanks for the comment so I could get back with you again.
    I love your new home - it's about the size of mine except we're 2-storey and no garage. Your hubby is apparently 'handy' unlike mine - I envy you! Are you still in the same area?

    I know it's always hard to leave a home where you've spent your life - however I like that a family will take care of it now and raise their children in a lovely location.

    Keep blogging, and let us share all the fun things you will be doing here….I'm excited for you and know you will love having an easier property to care for.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm so glad a family is moving into your home that will love it as much as you guys did! I know it shouldn't matter but it always makes me feel better when someone who appreciates land is moving into a property! :) Keep us updated on your progress!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...