Monday, April 14, 2014

Yellow Rose

We had the final walk through in our new home yesterday afternoon.  It was great to see it completely empty & cleaned up a bit.  Everything looked as it should, and we are set to receive our keys this coming Thursday. Can't wait!

It was a nice surprise to see the rose in the front garden blooming.  It had been covered with buds when we were last there.  It is definitely an English rose. Unfortunately, the tag is no longer there, so I may have some difficulty identifying it.  Am I the only person who carefully maintains the tags on roses?  I am starting my garden diary for this home now!

In any case, I think it is a beauty!

Mystery Yellow Rose




1 comment:

  1. Chris, it looks very much like the David Austin rose "Graham Thomas". A beauty. Go online to see the DA roses, there are many - you can read more about them and perhaps decide which this might be.

    Speaking of roses, most of mine are so old now and not doing so well - I need to find/plant some new ones perhaps this year. I'm shocked to have lost my huge, prolific red Knockout this winter - we dug it out yesterday as it was lifeless…..I thought they were impossible to kill!

    I e-mailed you this morning.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...