Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mushrooms, Toadstools, Fungus!

We had some rain & wind a couple of days ago.  As you can see in the photo below, it sent my birdhouse into a bit of a lean! 

This morning, I walked out to investigate what needs to be done to set the birdhouse aright. I also took my camera to show off my latest crop! They are inedible of course, but lovely in their own way. We often get "fairy rings" amongst our trees, but this is the largest collection yet!  Some of the caps on these were almost 4" across.

My husband had started to kick a few of them over until I yelled "STOP"!  Boys!




 


 

I almost forgot to look down as I walked. If I hadn't done so, I would have missed these little beauties. The caps range from dime to quarter size.

What's surprising you in your yard today?






1 comment:

  1. I, too, adore mushrooms!!! You really got a nice crop there...too bad they are not edible, eh???

    What surprised me in my yard today? I suppose the fact that all of my cut basil that had been rooted in water on my kitchen windowsill, is growing and thriving! My whole tire should be full in a month or so, and it is quite pretty all by itself!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...