Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Fun Meme!

I saw this meme while visiting Aunt Jenny's World. I thought it had some interesting questions, so I'm posting it along with my answers, of course.

Won't be tagging anyone, but if you'd like to play...feel free!


What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
Lady Primrose Celadon - the fragrance and feel of this soap is fabulous!

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No, I prefer cantalope.

What would you change about your living room?
I would change the wall to wall carpet to a dark hardwood & a beautiful oriental rug.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Dirty. Just unloaded the clean dishes from last night and loaded in a few glasses & a popcorn bowl.

What is in your fridge?
What's not there? *Ü* Most interesting thing would be sunflower sprouts which are great in salads and on sandwiches. You get all the flavor of the seeds with none of the mess and less calories!

White or wheat bread?
Wheat or even better, rye!

What is on top of your refrigerator?
Nothing. (Well, maybe some dust)

What color or design is on your shower curtain?
Guest bath:"Latte" solid with woven waffle-diamond pattern.
Master bath has glass enclosure.

How many plants are in your home?
(8) 1-Christmas cactus, 2-orchids, 2-african violets, 1-fern, 1 ivy, 1-very tempermental ficus!

Comet or Soft Scrub?
Barkeepers Helper and/or baking soda

Is your closet organized?
Yes.

Can you describe your flashlight?
It is one of those black, heavy duty jobs that weighs a ton & would work as a weapon.

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Which ever I grab first.

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
No. I'm a plain water drinker, though I usually make iced tea when company is coming.

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
Yes, and it's mostly Tupperware and old furniture I want to work on...someday.

Curtains or blinds?
Both.

How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two.

Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
One dim night light in our master bathroom. My dog is black and she likes to sleep in there. Ever since my girlfriend broke her shoulder tripping over her dog at night, I've been paranoid about doing the same thing!

How often do you vacuum?
The housekeeper does it once a week and I do it anytime I think it needs it besides then.

Standard toothbrush or electric?
Standard.

What color is your toothbrush?
Purple & sliver.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
Yes, but it nothing to write home about - just utilitarian.

What is in your oven right now?
Nothing.

Is there anything under your bed?
Shouldn't be. DH loses change out of his pocket occasionally.

Chore you hate doing the most?
Taking out the garbage.

What retro items are in your home?
Besides me? A teapot, maybe. Not a retro kind of girl!

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
Yes. I telecommute for my full-time job, so it is really necessary.

How many mirrors are in your home?
(6) 1-guest bath, 3-master bath, 1-dining room, and most importantly, the 5X in my make-up drawer!

Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
Nope. I'd forget where I put it...

What color are your walls?
Red, green, gold, latte.

Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Yes.

What does your home smell like right now?
Bacon.

Favorite candle scent?
I have a new favorite from PartyLite, "Herbal Mint".

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Crisp Kosher Dill & Bread & Butter.

What color is your favorite Bible?
Navy Blue

Ever been on your roof?
Absolutely not!

Do you own a stereo?
Yes.

How many TVs do you have?
Four.

How many house phones?
One base station with 3 wireless handsets.

Do you have a housekeeper?
Yes & she is fast and thorough!

What style do you decorate in?
Traditional, leaning toward English country.

Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
I like a mixture of prints with a solid thrown in here and there.

Is there a smoke detector in your home?
There are seven.

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
My jewelry box with my mother's rings, my laptop & my purse.

Have a Happy Wednesday!
Chris
©

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris!
    Your Meme is so cute! Many of my answers would be the same as yours except my sweet hubby likes to clean house and cook so he's what we kiddingly call my "live-in Cabana boy"! LOL He loves that!
    The Perry Como music is wonderful, I've always loved his voice. I saw the vivid tail colors of a falling star once and it was breathtaking! What a treat to be able to sit and have a light show like that in your backyard.
    I really enjoy your blog Chris and if you don't mind I'm going to add you to my favorites.
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good, different meme. And what is it about taking out the trash that is such a pain in the rear? I can't stand to do it. Luckily that's on Mr. C's chore list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat to find out all this wonderful stuff about you, Chris!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...