Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Decor Inspiration!

I have had a bit of a challenge getting my Christmas Decorating done this year! So yesterday, I took a trip to my very favorite local Home & Garden Design store, Pottery World. It is always a feast for the eyes during the Holidays. They decorate with a style and "over the top" hand that I love. And, you can buy everything right there! It also doesn't hurt that by now, things are starting to go 50% off! *Ü*

When I got inside the store, I realized I should have brought my camera, then remembered my cell phone. I was able to take a few photos before the battery got too low. They aren't the greatest, but I hope you'll get a little inspiration...


As I first walked in the door, I spotted this beautiful flocked tree with simple red & green balls, floral picks and little lanterns. Isn't it beautiful?





Next on the tour is this winter wonderland! Obviously it is too big for the all but the grandest of homes, but I would certainly love a smaller version!




In the wall cubbies behind the display they had about 10 different types of animals & birds, all in snow white. Here are a couple of my very favorites.


Aren't these owls beautiful?





I thought these bears were so unique!




Then, I turned around & caught sight of more silver & white fantasy! That ceiling ornament, representing a chandelier I think, was gorgeous!




This is a closer shot of the front of the display. The white swan in the huge apothecary jar is so serene and fantasy-like!





I took a photo of this small tree for a friend who is decorating her new home, and for Christmas in these colors.



The store has several full room vignettes set up so I wandered over to see them. On the way, I spotted this niche with a Moroccan-style frame and a tree set in it! I think I want to copy that for next year!



Once I got to the rooms, they had the lighting set like it was evening and my cell camera got only one half-decent photo. I promise they were stunning! This room was decorated like an English Manor. There was a carved wooden reindeer(?) head on each side of the mantel all bedecked with pheasant feathers, mossy branches, pine cones & dried florals. It was my very favorite thing in the whole store!



Just a couple more. Again, the photos are poor, but look at the size of this Nativity Scene! And I thought this coppery ceiling display was pretty super!




I hope you enjoyed the tour! I am finally inspired to start decorating today!

Cheers! Chris
©

4 comments:

  1. OH Chris, this stuff is Gorgeous! LOVE the flocking and the upside down stuff... like the wreath chandy, and it is all a WOW! I am so glad you got pics for us! What a place to get into the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those flocked trees! The white is beautiful!!
    We have a fun giveaway of a target gift card today with the AHA for go red! A little early Christmas gift!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pretty tour. Wish I could have been there in person! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the fantastic tour. Tons of Christmas decoration ideas are there.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...