Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Mystery Plant

One of my best girlfriends, Marthine, gave me this plant about a year ago. She is a very lucky woman! Her husband is a saleman for a wholesale florist. As you can imagine, she always has fresh flowers!

She presented it to me one day, for no reason, except that she is just a very "giving" person. When I asked her what it was, she replied, "I don't know. I saw it hanging in DH's office and it reminded me of you!" She is a sweetie!

It is now hanging between two of my kitchen windows. It has grown very slowly, but it is blooming again, so I guess it is happy. I thought maybe some of you plant experts out there might know what it is? I actually appears to be similar to some variety of pea plant.

I love it! So even if I never figure out what it is, than's okay with me!

Thanks again Marthine!



Here's a photo the whole plant. It is planted in bark in a shell, and is climbing up the hanging wire.




Here is a close-up of some of the blooms. They don't open, just form these little buds that last for days!


Here's a closer look at the shell planter and the little pods. To water, I sit whole shell (it has a drainage hole in the bottom) in water for about an hour every couple of days - less often in winter.


Cool, huh? Got any ideas what it is??
Enjoy! Chris
©

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone! I got a bunch of spam comments, so I had to enable comment moderation. So sorry for the inconvenience.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little plant!

    I don't know what it is, but it sure is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chris!

    What a beautiful plant...I am afraid I do not know what it is, but it sure is lovely! Enjoy!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...