Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hummingbird Breaksfast

THIS is why I have to fill my hummingbird feeder everyday!

Some mornings, I have seen a dozen of these little stinkers trying get breakfast, all at the same time. This morning, there are about 8 of them. They make such a racket chirping at one another! The feeder hangs outside one of the kitchen windows, making dishwashing rather fun. I have been known to sit at the island counter for 30 minutes just watching these aerial acrobats!

Most of them are Anna's and Allen's Hummingbirds, with a few of the Black-chinned varitey thrown into the mix. I just love them, all birds actually! How 'bout you?


Feed the birds! Chris


1 comment:

  1. Wowza... you DO have a lot of hummingbird activity! Do you use pre-mixed stuff or sugar and water? I use the sugar and water. We have about 2 that come around normally!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...