Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So...I began thinking about what I would share for my Thankful Thursday post. I thought, "Hmmm, I don't know what to write about."

Then, as soon as that thought entered my mind and was recognized, I thought "What is wrong with you? You have blessings beyond measure, and you're struggling to write something?" Conviction comes swiftly sometimes!

I have SO MUCH to be thankful for! How can I not recognize it?


  • I am thankful for a God who loves me, provides for me and loves me despite my ungrateful, sinful nature!
  • I am thankful that I have a husband who loves me and has provided security (as secure as one can be in these times) for us and our home.
  • I am thankful for my daughter who is a godly young woman, intent on leading children to a better future.
  • I am thankful to live in the USA.
  • I have a home "in the country" that I love.
  • I am thankful for a job that helps to sustain us.
  • I am thankful for each of my siblings who bring a special joy into my life.
  • I am thankful for my church, pastor, and church family who all lift me up and help me live life to its fullest.
  • I am thankful to Rhondi for providing an opportunity to share my thankfulness each week
  • I am grateful for all these blessings and so many more!

Thankfully, Chris

©

9 comments:

  1. I loved everything you are Thankful for... I'm thankful for blogger friends.
    What a lovely post ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post, Chris...Look around you and see how blessed and fortunate you are!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Thankful Thursday awesome? Rhondi deserves an award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dhris
    We all have so much to be thankful for! I am sometimes guilty of thinking, "what am I thankful for today when it comes to Thursday"
    No matter what is happening we always can be thankful for a God who loves us.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Thankful Thursday post Chris! So many blessings to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right. It is only difficult to narrow it down to one thing.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often wonder on Wednesday evenings what I will post for Thankful Thursday and as soon as I justify that thought in my mind, something feels so passionately right. It's interesting how our minds work!! A beautiful post, once again, Chris!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful words and a beautiful post! Have a great weekend,blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chris!
    Yes we have soooo much to be thankful for! Sometimes we take people and things for granted when in fact they are the biggest blessings of all! Thanks for reminding us!!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...