Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday!


I am so thankful for my daughter!


My daughter Melissa truly is the "apple of my eye". I am so privileged to have this wonderful woman as my daughter!
  • My daughter loves her mom (and step-dad). Hardly a day goes by that I don't hear "love you Mom".

  • My daughter loves her Lord. She is involved in the children's & women's ministries at our church, and serves willingly and faithfully.

  • My daughter, is close to each of her cousins. From the one who is a couple of years older to the youngest who is 20-some years younger, each one thinks they are her favorite!

  • My daughter works hard. At age 33 she went back to school to fulfill her dream of becoming a teacher. This year, she is student teaching, and is loving it.

  • My daughter is a fabulous baker! (Which is good since I don't really like to bake!) From our traditional Christmas brioche, shaped like Santa, to her granny's pie crust & date-nut pinwheel cookies, we can always count on her for something yummy.

  • Did I mention she loves her mom? *Ü*

Darling girl, from the first moment I saw you, I have been in awe of the gift you have been in my life! You are the perfect child for me. I hope someday you will be able to say that I was the "perfect mom for you!"

Thank you, and I love you, Mom

I'd also like to thank Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses for hosting Thankful Thursday each week!

Chris

©


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post and a beautiful tribute to your daughter!!

    Have a blessed day,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chris! What a beautiful post! Your daughter sounds like a wonderful person. I love how she keeps in touch with her cousins. It is so easy to get caught up in life and not keep in touch. I love that she loves to bake! She probably loves the praise she gets when she makes something she gets raves over. You did a wonderful job of helping her to become the person she is. Until you are a mother, you never know a mother's love. This was a really beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing!! Your daughter is beautiful inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're both lucky... you to have a fabulous daughter and her to have a fabulous mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly blessed to have your daughter. It's wonderful that you get along well and love each other so much. That's what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful Thankful Thursday post & tribute to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my. She sounds like a wonderful woman. I especially like that she makes each cousin feel like he's her favorite.

    We must be in the same mindset these days. My blog post yesterday was about my daughter, too! What a blessing they are, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Chris!
    What a beautiful tribute to your daughter!
    After reading all of this, I can see why you're so proud of her!
    And how blessed she is to have you as a Mommy -- after all, she couldn't have turned out so well without your love and guidance!
    What a blessed family you have!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chris!
    What an awesome post! You and your daughter are such pretty girls!! It's so wonderful to have such great kids, I love my boys to pieces!!
    Great post Chris! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...