Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Fare

Because we live "out in the country", off a driveway that is 1/4 mile from the road, we NEVER have Trick or Treaters. 

I always enjoyed answering the door on Halloween and seeing the little ghosts, goblins & princesses when we lived in the 'burbs.  But to tell you the truth, it is nice not to have to guard our carved pumpkins to make sure the neighborhood ruffians don't smash them, or to answer the door at 9 pm to a bunch of large Goth-inspired teenagers.

Last night was a quiet one for us.  After supper, more on that to follow, we had a couple of glasses of wine, and settled into a "Murder, She Wrote" marathon.  I've always loved that program, and it was so much better than the blood & gore programs offered on some other channels!

Now, for supper...Yesterday, Marie at The English Kitchen posted a recipe for Baked Hot Dogs.  I knew it would be a hit with my husband, and I enjoy a "dog" now and then myself.  The photo below is mine.  For a better photo and the recipe, go HERE.





Thank you, Marie.  These were delicious and I'll be making them again, for sure.  Actually, I have a whole list of your recipes to try.  Love your blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...