Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Handmade; From the Heart!

Sunday, I spent a very pleasant afternoon helping my daughter make a Christmas gift!  She is an accomplished knitter, painter of pottery & quite a good cook.  Seamstress, not so much! 

I posted previously about visiting my favorite Quilt Shop for some project supplies.  Melissa decided to ride along.  While we were in the shop, she saw an apron that she loved.  She decided she could make these as gifts that would be useful and pretty.  "Will you help me Mom?" 

How could I resist?  It was fun to coach her through the process.  Way back when, she took sewing in school, and has made a couple of things through the years.  So, I really only needed to be nearby to answer questions and help her get familiar with my sewing machine.



I love the fabric she chose, and the the apron turned out very well, don't you think? 

Now, I'd better get busy on my project before she walks in with the fabric for more aprons!  The 'ole sewing machine is gonna get a workout this Christmas!  :)





5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And such a different design; I think these would be lovely in Xmas prints, don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful apron, its so nice to meet you, thankyou for your kind words on my blog, I love finding new blog friends, I have made a few quilts in my past and more than a few aprons as well, sadly my vision is gone now so no more sewing, just mending, I would love to follow you along on your blog, best wishes from Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,
    Wow, she did a great job...I love the pattern too!
    I think your daughter needs to ask Santa for a sewing machine :)
    I'm sewing Christmas gifts for my Grands.
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apron is delightful! Terrific pattern in the fabrics...they complement each other so very well. I bet she's thrilled for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This IS a gorgeous apron!!! Really lovely!!! She did a great job! The recipients will absolutely go coo-coo over them!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...